Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ramblings

Hello ladies and gents. It's Thursday and I have to say I'm so glad. I've had a shitty week and can't wait for the weekend. As the title says, this is just a bunch of ramblings so bear with me k? :)


I was in a car accident Tuesday morning on my way to work. I was stopped at a red light at the end of the exit ramp from the highway and this stupid asshole comes flying down the ramp and hits me going about 50 and my car jumped 5 feet into oncoming traffic. He said he thought I was going. Um...sure dude.
Anyway, so we pulled over and exchanged info and he took off, said if he waited for the cops to come he would be late to work and get fired, so he left and I sat in my car, stunned and hurting. I had hit my head on the window railing and my neck and back were hurting really bad. I drove myself to the ER and was there for about 4 hours. My mom came up to be there with me. They said I have bad whiplash and am really lucky I didn't get hit again or break anything. So I've been home tuesday and wednesday doped up on pain killers and muscle relaxers. I'm back at work today because they only excused me from work for the two days. The shitty thing is that I can't take my meds here at work because they make me pass out. Tylenol it is I guess. Ugh
My car is ok, Saturns tend to be tough in accidents. I was hoping it would get totalled so I could get out from under the enormous car payment I have, but no luck there. LOL

I still have restriction. More so when I eat bread, pasta, rice or anything thick. I've been limiting my carbs a LOT and eating a LOT more slowly. There is nothing worse for me than gagging over the sink for a half our because of one damn bite. Here is my food for today....

B-coffee w/ sweet n low
S-1 hard boiled egg
L- 1/2 c. tuna salad w/ 4 saltines
S- LF string cheese
D- 1/2 cup pasta w/ white sauce, few bites of salad
S-glass of milk w/ meds before bed

I've never been one to weigh myself everyday. I think it just freaks me out and I don't need any added stress in my life right now. BUT, last week at my fill, the waiting room was FULL of women who were banded around when I was and they say they weigh every day so if the scale is moving up they can correct their eating that day and make a difference. Well shit. Should I be doing this? I started doing it this week. Tuesday I was down 1 lb, Wednesday I was up 1 lb and today I was down 2. I guess it kinda does help me gage how I'm going to eat that day. We shall see if this really helps me. If and when I start to get obsessed with weighing every day, I fully expect all of YOU to bitch slap me into reality ok?? Good. :)

Gotta get to work. Love you all!

7 comments:

Jen from Oregon said...

Yikes on the accident! Glad you seem to be doing okay.

I like to weigh sometimes on non-weigh in days.
example: I had sushi with soy sauce and a couple handfuls of popcorn with salt. I knew I would be up because of the salt and the scale confirmed. Having a bit of extra water today (try to) to flush and so I will weigh tomorrow. But I still only record the weight from my doctors scale when I go for fills/appointments.

It can be a good tool...but can become a major TOOL if you know what I am saying :)

Feel better!!! The weekend is near

Band-Babe said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. That sucks. About the scale issue, I think it depends on where you're at, which can change. The first time I lost weight (no WLS) I went from 280 to 120. I didn't weigh myself AT ALL until I was at 150 lbs, which means I had lost 130 lbs without a single weigh in). I gained back up to 230, and went down to 150, and only weighed myself once a month. Now, I've lost (with the band) 108 lbs, and I weigh myself every day. Do what feels right for you.

Tiffani said...

Wow, so glad you're ok, hon!! :( That's terrible. Do break lights not mean anything to people??? Hope you're on the mend now.

SuperMegaAnna said...

Happy to have found you! I am a brand new follower!

Anna <- http://thatgirlsforeverdiet.blogspot.com/

THE DASH! said...

HOLY HECK!! I'm so glad you're ok. That would have been frightening. And hows the dorks form nicking off and leaving you to cope on your own. Some people!!!

You know what... I would leave the scale alone. You are one of the few people I know that DON'T weigh in daily and I think it's better you don't. You actually have the right idea. Sure, weighing daily CAN keep you on track and also you can adjust your eating.. but on the down side, it fluctuates that much day to day sometimes it can be a killjoy. I say stick with what you're doing.

Hope that neck and back calms down.
Big hugs
Cara xx

Anonymous said...

Great blog you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about that topic. The only thing I would like to see here is a few pictures of some devices.
John Flouee
Phone jammers

Tami said...

Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like a pretty scary accident, getting pushed into traffic.
I'm one of those people who weigh myself daily. Not really to gauge how I should eat, but to see if it's moving in the right direction.
It's probably not a good habit, but I've been so excited to see the scale moving in the right direction that I can't help it!