I TOTALLY forgot that my 6 month bandaversary was this past sunday the 24th. Wow, it's been that long.
Let's do a list. I love lists, just another part of my OCD personality.
6 months ago.....
~I was a size 28
~I was eating 3700 calories a day
~I was drinking 2 2 liters of soda a day
~I was so heavy my ankles would buckle under the weight often
~I couldnt cross my legs
~I had two big chins
~I wore the same 4 shirts in a rotation, with one pair of pants
~I couldn't sit in a movie seat, airplane seat, stadium seat without pain
~I cried every day because of my weight
~I would shun away help because I felt like a loser.
Today
~I'm a size 22 and shrinking
~I'm eating about 1400 calories per day
~I haven't had a SIP of soda since surgery, water is my new BFF
~I have ankle bones, I can see them, touch them and wear high heels without pain
~I sit cross legged all day comfortably
~I have one chin and a little fluff
~Thanks to my bandster gals I wear something different every day
~I am comfortable in a movie seat, airplane seat and stadium seat WITHOUT pain and struggling
~I do NOT cry everyday. If I do they are happy tears from success
~I journal all the time and accept support.
I've lost 42 pounds since surgery. It's not as much as some people, and more than others. That's ok. My ultimate goal is to be down 100 pounds by my one year.That gives me 58 pounds to lose. 6 months ago if I had made that goal there would have been no way I would have even gotten close.
Having the band was the best decision of my life and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I still struggle, we all do. But without this amazing medical tool, I'd still be fat and miserable. Now I'm on my way to a thinner, healthier and happier mommy, sister, daughter, friend and coworker. Life is hard enough without having to struggle in all areas and I would be without all of you, for your love and support I am eternally grateful. I love you :)

7 comments:
Happy Bandiversary!
You're doing amazing things. and making amazing progress. <3
Happy Bandiversary! Love the list, keep up the good work!
So lovely to hear - it echos all of the secret lonely feelings I had and hid for so long...and all the hope that I feel now!
xx,
Yana
Oh hon.. what a wonderful, wonderful list!! Look at how things have changed.. I'm so happy for you! And I'm wiping a tear away at the way you used to cry over your weight, but now they are happy tears.
I love your list of Then and Now. Really puts things in perspective on how far you've come in 6 Months. Happy Bandiversary!
Look at everything you have done in 6 months and how things have changed. The first 40 pounds are hard on us bigger girls bc you body doesnt change as much as you would like. You are like DAMN. COME ON? 40 plus pounds down should equal like a million sizes lost...but it gets better and better! So proud of you! And you can come visit us if you would like!
I love your list! So amazing and such good progress!
Post a Comment