When I was little I used to love slamming my hand on the little lever of the Hungry Hungry Hippo game, screaming at the top of my lungs thinking it would make my little hippo eat the marbles faster than my brothers. Well that's how I feel today. I want to scream and eat, LOL. Can you tell I am still on liquids from my fill? :P
So my experience yesterday was interesting. Yes, that's the word I'm going to use because it wasn't bad, but not great either. I got to the hospital and it was pouring rain, thank god for valet parking (and the fact that they have it can be attributed to the abundance of older folks that come for treatments and such). Why the radiology department is on one side of the hospital campus (where dr does the fill under fluro) and the office is on the other is beyond me. But it's excercise so whatever. I got lost going down all the different hallways and arrived just in time for them to call my name and take me back. The cute little nurse in her full metal jacket (heehee) comes to get me and i go in and lay on the table. She shows me my band and port on the monitor and its super cool to see. Then my dr asks me how much I can eat. I said...A LOT! He says ok then, we will do 2cc's now and come back in 4 weeks for 2 more. :( :( :( Why not just do 4 cc's now? He says he doesn't want me back in a week for a unfill. Which makes sense, but come on people. I have a 17cc band. 17cc's. Does he really, honestly think I will be overfull with 6 cc's in it? Hmpf.
So anyway, he gives me the numby shot which burns like the pits of hell and pokes me with it again. OUCH! I actually said that and he kinda looked at me like, really? Whatever dude, it hurt twice and burned a lot. Bite me. As soon as my fill was done he said, see you in 4 weeks and walked away into the other room. I was like, um ok. Too bad if I had any questions for you, BUTTFACE. I was his last appointment of the day, I get that. But don't be like that to someone who hasn't seen your ass in 6 weeks. Ok, end of that rant. He is a good dr, I just didn't like being so discarded.
Anyway- then I hiked it over to the dr office and have my check up with the RN. Their scale says I've lost 26 lbs and she says I'm doing good. Um....k. Then I get my ass chewed for not taking my vitamins. She says I will lose more if I do, blah blah blah. Then I'm setting up my appt, excited that its for 4 weeks from now, when the secretary says "Honey, he's trippin, he's out of town till mid december". Good times. So 6 weeks is my new fill time. Blah!
Then I headed to Walgreens to spend $40 on vitamins. Calcium Citrate w/ D, Biotin and B12 sublingual. I already have a liqui-gel vitamin at home. I also bought one of those days of the week pill holders to keep in my purse. I'm officially a geriatric patient. LOL kidding.
I had mashed potatoes for dinner and snuck a little nibble of my moms chicken tender but it gave me a heartburn feeling so I stopped. I'm doing mushies today and hungry, but cest la vie. At least I will have restriction long enough with this fill so I won't partake in the abundance of chocolate Peyton gets tomorrow.
Is the rain here ever going to stop? It's rained for 10 days straight and they SAY it will be sunny and 60 tomorrow. Right, and monkeys might fly out of my butt! :P I just hope Peyton gets to trick of treat. He has talked of little else and seeing him so excited just makes my day. Not to mention the like 500 calories I will burn walking all over east Jesus with him. HeeHee.
Off to work I go. Have a great, safe, DRY Halloween weekend and don't forget to get that extra hour of sleep Saturday night. Muwah! :*

3 comments:
I gotta love your attitude - BUTTFACE was the one that finally got me lol too funny. I'm with you though.. the doc was a bit rude.
I didn't know there was a band where the fill limit is 17cc's. Seems like a lot. But that said: seriously Ramona... it's better you go slow. As painful as that is.. at least there's less chance of something getting stuck and believe me (my experience in Tasmania when I had something stuck is still fresh in my mind) you don't want that.
Also my doc never gives the numbing shot. I freaked out a little at first when he told me, but in the end I'm glad (if it stings like you said it does..ouch) because my fills are quick and virtually pain free. Hope this extra fill brings some nice restriction!!
You get ALL your fills under fluoro?? Jealous! :) If I were you I'd just ask for none of that numbing shot. It doesn't hurt, I promise. The stupid numbing shot hurts worse than no meds. Actually no numb doesn't hurt LOL.
Congrats on 26 lbs, that IS good!!!
I saw a few of your posts over on LBT and thought I'd check out the blog. I'll be back! I don't know that many people in real life who have been banded and I know I need all the support I can get. I was just banded on 10/29 and will be on clear liquids for 2 weeks. I have no idea when I'll get a fill and under what conditions other than in the dr's office.
Post a Comment