Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Unfill scheduled

Hello all. I'm popping in to update on how yesterday went. Terrible is a word I would use to describe it. I'm not even keeping water down, only warm liquids like coffee and tea. I felt brave (prolly because I feel like im starving!) and had two bites of very liquidy mashed pots and they came up full force.
I called my surgeons office and the nurse scheduled me to come in tomorrow for a small unfill and I'm on coffee, hot tea and hot broth until friday. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but its kinda hard when i'm so damn tired from not having any sustenance, it doesn't help either that its that time of the month so I'm drained of iron too. Boooo!
I never thought I'd get to the point of needing a unfill because it took me so long to get to any restriction, but my surgeon was right. You never know when youre gonna hit your sweet spot and we just overshot mine a little.
That's all I got today. It's supposed to be in the high 50's this weekend so we are planning a family BBQ which I always love. My family brings up my spirits for sure. OH! I also get my son tonight till saturday and cant wait to see my little love.

Have a great day ladies and gents. MUWAH! :*

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Since you drink coffee there is some kind of protein mix you can add to it I think. Maybe that would help give you more energy? Sorry about your unfill. I think we all have to experience being tooo tight just once to believe it can be true!

Ramona said...

Thanks Ames! I miss ya!

Sarah said...

Ramona - I used to add CIB (carnation instant breakfast) to my coffee - either vanilla or chocolate - thickens it up a slight bit and adds protein.

Good luck! When I've been too tight, getting unfilled was the best feeling ever... it does exhaust you!

Ramona said...

Sarah~Thank you so much for the tip. Ill get some on my way home tonight!