Monday, August 10, 2009

Weigh in, back to work and OUCH!

Hello! Today was my first day back to work since surgery. Good Lord am I T-I-R-E-D. Seriously. I knew it was going to be hard for several reasons. One, I was used to snacking all day long at work and ordering yummy lunches with the gang. Two, I didn't require a nap before surgery. And three, I so underpacked my lunch that I was starving by 4pm, had a teaspoon of peanut butter and was VIOLENTLY sick when I got home at 5.
I stood over the sink with spit running out of my mouth (sliming im assuming?), while my stomach did this contracting thing and I burped and gagged alot. Then it was all over. Out came the peanut butter along with some not so tasty stomach acid and some of the tea I had drank right after lunch. My throat was burning, my nose was running and my poor little boy was at the door saying "Mommy, you gonna make it?" and being totally serious. I have read a LOT about post op stuff and knew what to expect, but this was intense. My mom was all concerned and apologetic and my response was?? "Well mom, of everything I've attempted, that is the ONLY thing to make me sick so far, so I'll take it" Good attitude right? Tell that to my bleeding throat and my sore abs. LOL

Anywhoooo. I had my weigh in today and I was down 1 pound. Normally I would be like WTF??? But really, with the addition of somewhat solid foods I expected a small loss, and in staying in a positive frame of mind, at least it was a loss and not a gain. So I'm down 14 lbs since surgery and people at work today said they could tell. I think they were just being nice, but hey I'll let 'em.

I'm not posting any pics of the two shirts I got at WalMart saturday because really, they aren't anything to write about. Just something to replace a couple of short sleeve stained shirts I was wearing pre-op, and cheap $10 shirts that don't flatter at all. They just cover the massiveness (word?) that is my chest and keep my belly roll from dominating the view from the front.

My in laws are here for their weekly visit (oh joy...blech...LOL) so I need to go "spend time with them". I'm going to try making the quiche again tonight, with milk this time Amy :) I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Toodles.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

at least its the only thing to cause you trouble so far. keep going girl!

THE DASH! said...

OOOh those PB's are nasty - poor you for the sore throat. That was not fun!
Just take it easy girl. You don't want to run yourself ragged. You're still in recovery mode and need to be kind to yourself (easier said than done though.. I do know that!)