Monday, August 3, 2009

First post op visit, weigh in and FOOD!

Happy Monday.I haven't said that for awhile but today has really been a good Monday so far. Last night was the first night of true sleep I've had since surgery, woke up rested and ready for my weigh in.I'm down another 3 lbs, so 13 since surgery.WOOHOO! I will NEVER be that weight again and that in itself makes the day great. I also had my first post op visit today and the Dr. had only good things to say. My incision site is healing great, i'm cleared for phase 2 of food (hell yeah, texture baby!)and all other activities as long as I don't overdo it. The only restriction that places on me is lifting my 3 yr old because he weighs 40 lbs, but that's ok. My first fill is Sept 10th.
So after my visit I went to the store and got some zuchini and mushrooms as well as some olive oil so I can sautee some veggies for the quiche that Amy posted on her blog.If you would have asked me 6 months ago that I would be giddy to eat eggs I would have rolled my eyes at you and laughed,but damnit I'm giddy about eggs, cheese, mashed potatoes, milk and all the phase 2 foods. Also knowing that phase 3 is only 2 weeks away makes me pretty darn happy too.
While I write this I am jamming to Man in the Mirror by MJ, eating some feta cheese and green olives and singing at the top of my lungs. Nothing better happen to damper my monday happiness or I'll go nutso on their/it's ass. LOL

I wanted to do something to make myself feel more like a woman and less like a bored house patient so I went and got my highlights done yesterday. I did more blonde in the front than normal because it's still summer and I wanted that sunkissed look. Now keep in mind, my hair is naturally auburn and I kick it up with a more red/brown tone normally, so this blonde is very different for me. I'll take pics tonight after my shower and see what you all think.

(Now singing Ghetto Superstar by Mya/Wyclef Jean) Ghetto superstarrrrrr, that is what you are......

I'm always looking for recipes so if any of my followers have any please send them or the link my way ok? I also promise to post any I try wether I like them or not.

I'm going to sautee my veggies and get my bake on so I'm posting now. Toodles!

P.S I haven't craved soda at all, wierd!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

OOh yes...let me know how the quiche goes! The great thing is that you can throw anything in it :) I am glad you are feeling better and I give you a hell yeah for texture! Enjoy it sister!

Ramona said...

Amy,
I was a dumb ass and didn't put in the milk and it cooked to a hard biscuit consitency. I was very disappointed in myself for messing up my first real meal. I'm going to try it again for breakfast in a few days.

Amy W. said...

OH NO! That sucks. I am sorry. Did you get to anything yummy?

Tiffani said...

Sorry the quiche mucked up!!! Blech!

YAY for texture and YAHOO for not craving soda... I knew you could do it!!! WOOOHOOO! :)