Friday, August 14, 2009

Sick, weight and AMAZING RECIPE!

Hello ladies. Sorry it's been a bit since I posted last. I've been feeling like a steaming piece of dog shit the last few days and haven't felt like posting at all.
This morning however, I feel up to doing a update, so here I am.

Since surgery (3 weeks ago today) I have had a nasty deep chest cough. I used my little breathing thing they sent me home with and succeeded with that, but still couldn't get the hacking and little green phlegm balls to stop coming up every 2 seconds. This past wednesday I called the exchange at 9pm because I wasn't even able to keep food down because I would start coughing and puke. They said to try Mucinex for that night and yesterday and see if it helped clear it up. Um....no. It helped get the stuff up and out, but didn't subside the coughing at all. I called them this morning and am waiting for a call back. Wednesday night the dr mentioned doing a CT scan today to check for pnumonia, so I guess that's what I'm sitting around waiting for the call back on. Ugh! All I want at this point is a good night's sleep without breathing and coughing over and over. End of rant.... :)

I know my weigh in day is Monday morning, but with being sick and not being great about my amount of food intake, I wanted to see how I was doing and I was down another 2 lbs! I'm not going to record it because I'm still waiting for Monday morning, but in just one pound, I will have gotten into a different number range. I know that is vague, but for the people I know IRL that read this, I don't want to say the number just yet. You know what?? Screw that. I'm sure the peeps that read it love me anyway, so let's go balls to the wall and say it. I was 300 this morning. In just one pound I will be in the 2's, something I havent been for over 2 years and I'm so fucking excited that I'm cursing (SORRY)! So there it is peeps, love it or leave it, but PLEASE don't spread it around. :P

I have another recipe that I tried and made me tear up in delight. It's a quiche recipe (not Amy's, sorry I didn't like that texture) and it's AMAZING! Here it is, you HAVE to try this....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deep Dish Quiche

1 deep dish pie crust, thawed but raw
4 eggs
1 cup half n half (i used fat free)
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
bacon bits and chopped deli ham (use whatever meat you like here, diced really small)
veggies (i sauteed zuchinni and mushrooms in olive oil with garlic)

Preheat to 400 degrees.
Sautee veggies.
Layer in this order. Meat, cheddar cheese, veggies.
Mix together eggs, half n half and parmesean cheese and pour mixture on top evenly.
Bake on a cookie sheet for 35 mins then let set on stove top for 10.

AMAZING! I had a 1/4 for lunch and a 1/8 for breakfast. It reheats wonderfully and all the flavors together are just wonderful. I got the pie crusts at the store in a two pack so I'll be making it again this weekend with different meat and veggies. Please let me know if you make this. It was super easy and super delicious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vitamins-Just a quick note on them. I read rave reviews for the Celebrate chewables so I bought them in Cafe Latte flavor because i like coffee. I am a big puss about taking pills so I haven't been and thought it might help me get better faster from this chest thing. Um...can we saw NASTY? I knew ya could. OMG! My mom stood by with a trash can and I had a watery mouth after chewing that nasty ass thing. It was like coffee grounds in my mouth and the aftertase was worse. I had to chase the flavor with a glass of milk. Yuck! So I went to the pharmacy and got a multi vitamin for her liqua-gel tab, got those suckers home and they are HUGE! I mean, horse pill huge. But at least they have the same vitamin equivalent to the chewables. I took one this morning, it hurt going down but didn't get stuck or make me puke, so I will take these for now. If anyone is interested in the rest of the $40 bottle of chewables please let me know. The seal is broken but I only ate one and didn't tamper. Just comment and they are yours.

Now I'm sitting around, playing online and waiting for the Dr to call back with whatever orders they have. Pray for the best if you pray.

Love ya's!

2 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Thanks for the recipe! I tried your last one and yum! Will do this one too (when I have a working oven that is).
Horrible that you've been sick. Hope you're on the mend now. I guess it's good for weight loss (just over the flu myself.. blech) but it's a hard way to go about it.

Amy W. said...

I will try that one. I dont really like crust though if I can avoid it (its always left over when I eat pie:), but I dont think Tracey liked the texture of that quiche I made either. dont you love how they are so simple to make?

On another note, I cant believe it has been 3 weeks since surgery!