Monday, August 17, 2009

First Milestone

It's Monday ladies. Normally for me that would mean a crazy morning of getting the guys ready, followed by a hurried shower and a fast drive to work. However this morning I was greeted with a surprisingly calm morning. I went to do my morning bathroom business and remembered that it was weigh in day. So out came my beautiful glass scale and naked as the day I was born, on I went. 3 tries later I was crying and calling for my husband. What did it say? Was I still asleep? Did it REALLY say I was 299? Did it really tell me on this calm Monday morning that I would NEVER again have a 3 at the beginging of my weight? Holy shit Batman! My mom and I jumped on her bed and I cried and felt calm and successful. Total weight loss is 17 pounds ladies. 17 pounds that after 5 years of doing Weight Watchers and every diet under the sun, I was not able to lose. So regardless of the downpour on the way to work, I had a pep in my step that hasn't been there for awhile. Go me, go me, go me! And thank you Dr. Scott for doing a great job!

Speaking of the Dr. (well kinda), my last bit of surgical sutures came off last night so my belly button is 100% healed (here I come swimming pool). Most of my bruising is gone and other than some port pain when I wear jeans, I'm feeling good.
I did have a PB issue yesterday after attempting to enjoy some refried beans from taco bell. It wasn't the beans that did it, it was the extra red sauce I had them add to kick up the flavor. Well my pouch didn't like the spices apparently and about a hour later I was in agony in the bathroom. One ginormous PB later, and I was passed out with my burning throat on my bed. Good Times!

Here is my food for today..so far.

B- 2 eggs, 1/2 english muffin w/ laughing cow cheese
s- 1/2 english muffin w/ laughing cow cheese
L- 3 mini slices of pork roast w/ sugar free BBQ sauce, mini cup unsweet applesauce
S- 2 bites worth chocolate pudding
D-?

Apparently my body isn't ready for white bread or tortillas yet. I seem to do ok with cornbread, english muffins and crackers. Chicken hasn't been a issue, neither has tuna or fish or hamburger. I'm not ready to try steak yet, but you can bet your booty that I'm having at least part of a bratwurst for labor day with some mustard.

The other night my sister and I went to the movies to see The Time Travelers Wife, which was so good. She got popcorn without butter and I had about 4 kernals and just didn't want anymore. Weird. She also got me a cherry ICEE and I had about half before feeling nauseated and stopping. It was my first non piggie experience at the movies. YAY!

Ok, I think I've rambled enough today. They just raised our quotas at work today so I better get on the ball so I can keep the job I love.

Toodles!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Congrats on being below the 3s!! :) So super happy for you!!!


I lived on those beans from Taco Bell in the mushies phase... lifesaver on the flavor end. :) Too bad they didn't agree with you.

Amy W. said...

I am glad your naked self found yourself in the 2's! That is just awesome!!!!