Monday, August 31, 2009

Appreciation

I'm learning what that word means when it comes to food. Before I would enjoy flavors of things but not as often as I could have or should have. The reason I bring this up is because on my journey I'm not only learning moderation when it comes to food, but I'm seriously learning to appreciate the taste of foods. Case in point is my snack just now. Now, keep in mind it wasn't the best choice, but I wanted it and allowed myself to have it with no guilt.




The package out of the vending machine had 2 in it.
I had HALF of one, and the flavor was so amazing. I was craving yellow cake with chocolate icing and it hit the spot 100%. I took small bites and really enjoyed the flavors and by the time I was done, it didn't matter at all that the other half and other full cupcake were given to a co-worker. I was full and content and had a delicious taste in my mouth.

So here is a big KUDOS to appreciating and savoring the flavors of things.

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

I hear ya! I want a twinkie so bad, but I know it would get stuck.

I also like your attitude about allowing yourself things and not feeling guilty when they are in moderation. That is the whole point of this. It is not some strict diet, but learning how to make healthier choices and eat in moderation!

Ramona said...

Thanks Amy!

THE DASH! said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Amy W. Life is too short to at least not taste something we want badly. Congrats for eating the small bit you did and giving the rest away. Sounds like the 'switch' has gone off in your head and you can now do that. Brill!! x

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

3 cheers to moderation! (shhhh! I'm still working on that myself)