Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bored, hungry & other stuff...

Hello there. It's been since Saturday and I've written like 30 blog posts in my head, but between the little man and being tired I haven't posted them. Well it's Thursday of week one, hubby is at work, son is at school and I have the radio blaring and it's me time.

Let's see...where to start. I must say that I had the best possible hospital experience and have nothing negative to say about it except the damn hospital needs more than just lime jello. I mean really? Who likes that shit other than my husband?
The first 3 days I was home all I did was cough (hurt like a motha) up little black phlegm balls that apparently are good to get out so I didn't get pnemonia. My body felt like I had been beaten with a baseball bat by Pujols (GO CARDS!), my throat burned and my appetite was for nothing but water. The thought of putting any more broth in my mouth makes it water a little in anticipation of the dreaded vomit.
I have been sleeping in our oh-so-comfy recliner in the living room and not doing so bad there. I can finally get up and down by myself without crying out and my belly button stitches are drying out and itching like all hell. Healing is good right? :)

This morning when I woke up my band felt tight and I had trouble taking deep breaths. Now I've read more about post op than any other human so I knew this was normal and I got some hot tea to try and help the feeling pass. Bad idea, at least for today. I spent a good 20 minutes over the bathroom sink, gagging on my own saliva and having this awful tightness in my chest. I could feel my stomach contracting and hated every second of it. For anyone that knows me, my least favorite thing to do EVER is throw up. So this little moment in time has given me a first hand look at how things will be for me if I eat too fast, don't chew good, or eat something not good for me or the band. That being said, you can all know now that I will always try to be the best bandster to avoid this awful situation.

My post op appt will be this coming monday. I was a little pissy with the nurse when she told me he couldn't see my until then because damnit, I don't want to be on just fluids thru the damn weekend. I want scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, ricotta cheese. I want some TEXTURE and Monday is just too far away. Ugh! I was released to drive now though since I'm done taking the nastiness that was Loritab. I would rather suffer thru the pain than take that nasty crap ever again.

Ok, enough bitching. Now for some good stuff. My hair is shiny and has been drying not frizzy for the first time in like...I don't know..forever! My skin on my face is soft without using lotion and my nails feel strong. It must be all the water I'm sucking down like a camel, because I haven't began my vitamins yet. I saw my ankle bones the other day for the first time in God knows when and got so excited that I called my mom and husband in to show them. They were like...um,oooookay Ramona, you have lost it. Well duh, we all knew that. LOL

I'm going out today for the first time alone, I have to pic my son up from school since DH (dear husband, for those who don't know the lingo) has to work late. I'm nervous but know it will be all good. Tomorrow guess what I get to do? Stand at the DMV all day for my tag renewal. Yup, I am one of those last minute people who wait till the last day to get them and them bitch when it takes 3 hours to do so. LOL
Then I'm going to my sisters for a WalMart run. Maybe I will find some super cute summer stuff on sale in smaller sizes so I can save it for next summer. My goal is to be in a L/XL by next 4th of July and out of the plus size section. :)

How did I forget till this late to tell you all? I weighed myself Monday, 3 days after surgery and have lost 10 lbs!!!!! I started crying and hootin and hollerin. Mom was so excited for me and DH was grinning really big. I *know* it's water weight, but you know what? I will NEVER be that weight again and THAT is what had me dancing like a fool. I added a ticker at the top and will update it every Monday when i weigh in.


Alright, posting now so I don't just ramble on forever. Love ya's!

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Guess what! Now I am YOUR loyal follower! Thanks for the comment and thank you for letting me know you follow my blog. I am glad I get to catch yours at the start! I think the pic of you looks beautiful and I can already tell I will like the way your write bc you made me chuckle out loud several times!

Uppercase Addict said...

I am so with ya on the lortab - I was banded 6.18 - I dropped that stuff within 2 days and went for children's motrin!! SO much better!!! I also had my tonsils out along with my band so my band was nothin compaired to that - so gald I did them together or I would not have returned :)

THE DASH! said...

Hey there, Ramona
I was banded right at the end of May so I remember all the stuff you're going through VERY well lol. I am going to put you on my blog roll so I can follow more of your adventures (hope that's cool?)
The beginning is not easy - as you've found out - but trust me, it wont be long and you'll be sailing. Getting the band was the best thing I ever did! I hope you think so too, eventually :) Look forward to your next post.

Ramona said...

Hello to you all! Thank you so much for following me and for your sweet and encouraging comments. If no one was reading, i'd probably just quit blogging. LOL