For those of you who don't know, I've been working with my Dr. for over 8 months now on getting me ready for this adventure. This is not something I have taken on lightly and I have done so much research on the pro's and con's that even my surgeon was impressed. :)
Some of you may not know what the Lap-Band really is. Well here is my short, SHORT version, along with a picture the Dr showed me.
Basically the Dr puts this band (medically approved!) around the top part of my stomach that makes the active part of my stomach the size of a egg, but leaves the rest attached (so way less dangerous than the bypass surgery where they cut it off). The dr attaches the "port" to the inside of my abdomen wall so they can put fluid in the band to make it tighter so I stay fuller longer. This will obviously cut my caloric intake by a LOT, and the dr thinks I can lose anywhere from 100-150 pounds in 2 years with this. YAY! Here is a picture......

Ok, here is something I HAVE to say right now before I post again. If you do not support me, if you plan to berate me or think bad of my choice then please DO NOT POST OR FOLLOW. This is not a place for me to be flamed for my choice, this is a place for reflection, recording my progress and thoughts, and for friends to follow my journey.
Alright, back to work for now. I will post again tonight I'm sure. Oh, and if you can't tell, I ramble alot. LOL

1 comment:
it just gets me ... why would anyone not support someones effort to lose weight in a healthy medically supervised way.
people don't like that we are overweight then they don't like the fact that we make a decision to lose the weight ... can we not get a break?
congrats on your decision and good luck on your transformation.
Post a Comment