Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm sitting at my desk, wearing a nearly translucent (and unflattering in every way possible) white polo shirt that my work gave me and required that i wear with dress slacks and heels, getting ready for a conference this afternoon. What is it about you are wondering?



Diversity.



My company feels the need to herd us like cattle into a college auditorium so we can hear a woman talk about how she came from the deepest part of the ghetto and made something of herself and is a Dr now. I think thats wonderful, but tell me why I have to sit and listen ALL DAY. Is it going to make me work harder at my job? No. Is it going to get me a day behind on my work? Yes


I have to be very careful what I say about my work here because there are some bitches that follow peoples personal lives online and bring it back to work as retaliation. Why you ask? Because they have no life except drama. Enough said.
~~~~~~~~

As we all know, today is Wednesday. Which means its Payday! Not literally.....let me explain.

When my ex and I were trying desperately to get preggo (I have PCOS bad), we went thru a lot of fertility treatments and after a year and a half we got pregnant with our son Peyton. My mom called him my Payday because it finally paid off. She still calls him Payday now and it's a cute nickname.

I get my son from Wed after preschool at 5pm till Saturday at 5pm when he goes back to his dad. It's as if my week changed from a M-F and looking forward to the weekends, and now my week starts on Wed when I get my sweet boy. So, rain or not, conference or not, I get to love and squeeze my little man who is growing like a weed. Here he is with his BFF Eddie. Peyton is on the right. I know I'm biased but he is the cutest thing ever.



















So there you have it. My totally random, not band related at all post. Have a great wednesday!

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awwww - love the Payday story. That's super cute. Enjoy your time with your little man.