Thursday, September 3, 2009

Snuggle time

Before I start rambling, here is my food for today.

B- 2 slices Jennie-O deli turkey, 1 oz. mozzerella chunks, coffee w/ splenda

S- 1 small brownie :(

L- tuna salad on white toast, pudding cup

S-(if needed) nacho cheese rice cakes

D- a few nachos, 1/2 bratwurst, water (going to the ballgame)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The title of my post refers to my son. Let me start by saying that I have ALWAYS been the parent that NEVER wants her kids sleeping in my bed. It's a bad habit that is terrible to break. However, my son is 3 1/2 and having bad dreams lately and wanting to come and snuggle with mommy, so instead of fight to get him back in his bed, we just pull him up with us and he is back out in minutes instead of hours. Now this usually means that my DH ends up on the couch because our son sleeps spread eagle and our queen bed just isn't big enough for the three of us that way.
So anyway, Peyton (my son)is a snuggle bug like his mom. I woke up this morning and he was curled up next to me, his warm little hand on my arm and his feet curled up by my stomach. I could feel his warm breath on my face and it was cozy and snuggly and just plain great. I lay there and stared at his perfect little face and felt such love that I couldn't help but reach around and squeeze him. He woke up and said" Mommy, don't squeeze me so hard, you might hurt your tummy." Awwwwww! He can be a terror sometimes but we are spending more one on one time together lately and I *LOVE* it! So even though I'm at work, and have to work tomorrow, I had a great start to my day by snuggling with my little love.
Tonight I am taking him to a baseball game with my BFF and her kids and I'm excited to see his eyes light up at the huge stadium, the big plate of nachos we will share and getting to drink soda (for him only) on a school night. These are the things life is made of, and the things I need to remind myself of when I let the stress get me down.

4 comments:

Eternalboredom said...

Great post.... I knew last night when you said you were going to "try something" and let him climb onto my side of the bed that there was no way on God's green earth he was going back to his bed. You guys are pretty darn cute together.. I think a positive of your surgery is that not only have you given a conscious effort to slow down when eating, but you have perhaps slowed down a little on other parts of your life, and are now enjoying little things more, like the look on Peyton's face at the ballgame. It's gonna be a great day, I can feel it.. Love ya

Tiffani said...

I have a snuggler as well :) how old is Peyton? My daughter is 4.5 years old and I hope her snuggles hang around for a while longer even though school is looming in our future!!! Too sweet, loved this post :)

Ramona said...

Tiffani,
He is 3 1/2 and the sweetest boy possible. He is also a mama's boy and I *LOVE* it. Aren't snugglers great for the heart? :)

Amy W. said...

RAMONA!!!!!!!!! I cant find your email you sent me so I cant add you to Facebook!!! Can you find me? Or send me another email to amy.workman@gmail.com

And YES! Thank you so much for the coupons! They came while we were on the cruise and as soon as I use them I will let you know.

Thank you again!