Howdy! I had my first fill this morning and have some thoughts about not only the process, but wanted to relay what the Dr and I talked about and my take.
First of all, I had no idea I have a 17cc band. WTF? I didn't think they made them that big. Automatically I assumed (uh oh) that it was because I'm a fat ass and needed a bigger band, or that my stomach was so huge that a smaller one just wouldn't work. Well, I must still be trippin from my percocete because that isn't the reason at all. (PHEW!) The Dr said it's the newest size and allows for more fills and more restriction if needed down the road. Ah....I can take that. More success years from now. Good stuff maynard. (I say maynard a lot, i'm a goof i guess)
The actual fill didn't hurt, but damn if the lidocane shot didn't burn like a bitch. It was super cool to watch the fluid go in on the scree, my dr does it under fluro so I could see. I got 2cc's and will go back in 6 weeks for another 2 cc's. Obviously I'm on liquids today and can start mushies tomorrow. So for today this is my food.
B- 24 oz coffee w/ french vanilla creamer and splenda
L- pre packaged cup of applesauce, sweetened with splenda
D- pureed veggie soup
S- glass of milk
This is just in time for my period which should be coming this saturday.:::rolleyes::
Maybe it will help me not be a pig-whale and eat everything in sight.
I was chastized by the dr about drinking when I eat, and not taking a B12 supplement. He also said I need to be drinking a protein shake each day to ensure I'm getting enough. :Sigh: So this weekend I will be getting a blender and trying some shakes. I bought some of that super popular Torani syrup the other day online. I got coconut, carmel and raspberry. So I will try over the weekend and see what flavors I like together and hopefully something will work well and not be too narly to keep down.
Should I be burping like crazy right now? I have this slight pain in my chest and have been feeling like I could belch but can't. I'll have to read up on that.
The scale at the drs office is 4 lbs more than mine, so I'm going to keep track on mine and also write down theirs. The total is the same, but what woman wants to see a higher number? LOL
This saturday the Weight Loss Institute that I'm going thru is having the very first Walk From Obesity! We are raising money by doing a 5k for more research on WLS and ways to help prevent obesity in children. I'm stoked and will have pics on sunday for you all to see. I'm trying to raise $100 and have $25 so far, so if any of you would like to sponsor me in the walk please message me. Your name would go on the contribution to the Obesity Network.
Work is screaming my name, so I gotta run. Oh, and for the record...I'm HUNGRY! :( :)
Toodles.

2 comments:
I have had fills with and without lidocaine and I will NEVER get licocaine again, NEVER! It hurt FAR worse than any of my fills ever have. If your port is easy to access I'd recommend declining it next time.
Oh and BTW - I wear petite/short pants.. will those work for you? can you email me or add me on Facebook so we can discuss further?? chiffani at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment