Monday, September 14, 2009

Dreams do come true

Happy Monday my lovely followers. Today is weigh in day, so lets get that out of the way first. I'm down 1 pound from last week, so I'm at 293. Considering the way I have been eating I will take that pound. My plan this week is to walk 30 minutes each day and to play more physically with my son. Next week I will start going to the gym at night and do cardio and start working on tightening my arms.

Here is my food for the day.

B-1/2 c. white cheddar cheezits :(
L- 1/2 grilled chicken breast, 1/4 c. cheesy hashbrown casserole, sugar free koolaid
S- mini snicker bar
D- sandwich, baked chips, water

Not too shabby. I didn't bring a lot of snacks today and that's good. I do think I need to add in a protein shake at some point tho to make sure I'm getting it all in. I tried a few kinds and the only one I can really tolerate is the low carb slim fast. Maybe if I mix it in a blender with some peanut butter and banana it wouldnt be so bad. I've also been thinking of getting some sugar free syrups to add to them. Anyone have any recommendations??

Ok, so the title of my post today is that Dreams do come true. I got a email today that changed my life. Here is a little backstory for you all.
I love to sing. I've been singing all my life and was in choir and show choir all thru my school years. I went to college on a 5 year full scholarship for the Musical Theatre/Opera department. I loved every second of it, but the freedom of college caught up with me, I lost my scholarship for failing grades and couldn't afford to keep going so I stopped. I've been in a community choir now for two years. They aren't the best singers ever, but as a group we sound great and I love being a part of something musical on a weekly basis. Well, my dream my whole life has been to sing on Broadway in NYC, or to sing at Carnegie Hall in NYC. The email I got today was from my choir director saying that our choir has been invited to sing at Carnegie Hall in NYC in June 2010! I almost passed out reading it. I'm going to get my dream? I'm going to stand in a black ballgown on the stage at Carnegie Hall and sing my heart out? I'm going to visit NYC and see a real broadway show? Is this happening to me? YES YES YES it is and I cry everytime I think about it today. I'm so happy that words are escaping me, which is something extrordinary because I talk more than anyone on the planet. LOL I'm happy deep in my soul at this AMAZING opportunity that God has brought to me. Not to mention how HOT i'm going to look in June of next year. I'm not vain, just excited. HEHEHEHEHEEHEHE

Ok, that's my HUGE news of the day. I'm going to choir rehearsal tonight and even though I am exhausted on Tuesday (I'm up monday from 6am and go to bed around 12), I'm sure I will be tired with a big smile.

Love ya's!

4 comments:

DB said...

That is awesome! I wish we could all hear you sing :).

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That is sooooooooooo phenominal! I can't imagine yet what it would be like to be so close (a year isn't too shabby) but I am so stoked for you! I feel like I can feel your happiness radiating off your page!!!

Amy W. said...

That is just amazing news. Bc how many people get to have live out that dream? As someone who loves the stage as well (not singing, but just performing period), I can feel your excitment. And think how good you will be looking and feeling!

Tiffani said...

Oh how awesome is that!? I would do just the same you, cry my eyes out!! I have always wanted to see a REAL Broadway show in NYC too :) how amazing... sooo happy for you today!

Congrats on the 1 lb too! Down is down :)