Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm alive!

Where have I been? Living. That's where. :-) Let's play catch up....ready?


First of all I'd like to say that I'm sorry I just disappeared. The only "excuse" that I have it that I've been a single mom, a new"ish" girlfriend and busy busy with family. That doesn't mean I haven't been reading along with you all, I just haven't taken the time to post my own updates. I am also aware that my bandiversary came and went without a post, and for that I'm sorry.

Ok, all that apologizing stuff aside..here is the update.

Weight loss: None. I've been maintaining pretty much. Staying in the same 3-4 pound range for the last couple of months. I joined Gold Gym because my work has a weekly payroll deduction so it's easy to pay for and cheaper than doing it on my own. I haven't gone yet because they require you to do a 1 hour session with a trainer for your first visit and they do it during my work times. I'm going this week no matter what though. I'm ashamed to say that it's been a year since my surgery and I've worked out a total of 5 times. My loss would have reached my goals had I not been so lazy and I have no one to blame but myself. I am mad at myself that I let the band do it's thing and didn't do much to help it along. I told myself when I had it that I would bust my butt to help it work and I didn't. I'm going to spend the second year of my banding to do just that. I've been eating what I would describe as just "ok". Sometimes I'm great about it, other times not so much. I'm a sucker for BBQ and we do that pretty much every weekend and my willpower is as strong as a piece of foil in a hurricane. Ugh.

I was contemplating getting a tiny fill and decided against it for several reasons.

1) My new insurance doesn't cover the band at all. So it's $300 for me to get even the tiniest fill and if i'm too tight, I have to pay another $300 to go in and get the unfill.
2) If I actually ate correctly and worked out, I'd do great with the restriction that I have now. So I'm going to do it for 2 weeks and if at the end I am still starving all the time or not losing, I'll make the appointment.


On the good side, I am still down more weight than I've ever lost before and starting today it's going to continue to go down. Posting will help that I'm sure. I just hope I haven't lost all my readers and commenters. You guys really motivate me and keep me on my toes.


Relationships: Wow, where to start. My divorce is not final yet. The papers have been filed so now it's just a matter of getting a court date to make it legal. He and I are still great friends and other than a few little disagreements here and there, we are doing good. Our son is used to the schedule now and it's been great spending time with him.


I'm seeing an amazing man. His name is "J" and he is my everything. We knew each other in high school and reconnected on Facebook of all places 13 years later. We spend every second we can together and he and Peyton just love each other to death. I am so happy that it's sickening. My mom and sister said that for the first time in my life, I'm my TRUE self. It's an amazing feeling to be able to let go and not have to hold anything back for fear of rejection, or disappointment.

We are looking for apartments right now and are hoping to be moved out of our parents houses by the end of September/October. I know it's only been 6 months we've been seeing each other but it's been the best 6 months of my life. I'm really excited about starting a home with him and my son. More about me and him later, just know that I'm delirously happy and feel like it's finally right. My heart that is :-) If he says ok I'll post some pics of us, I'm not sure how he feels about being online for everyone to see.


Work: I can't remember if I posted about this or not, so bear with me if I did. I changed jobs the first week of June. The drama was getting out of control at my old job and I had to move on. So move on I did. To a smaller, privately owned in-home nursing company. I do all the billing and collections for the nursing services and I deal with the insurance companies and such to ensure payment. I've done it for years and am exceeding expectations here as well. However, there are downfalls of such a small company. People here are in everyones business and don't really care about sabotaging someones livelyhood over petty shit like how long someone was in the bathroom or if they touched the internet on their computer. I'm struggling to stay because I love the work, but not the atmosphere. So we shall see how that goes.

Sisterhood: I have some size 24 pants that I need to donate, also a few tops that are just too big for me to wear anymore, mostly 2xl and 3xl. Anyone in need??

Also, I'm on the hunt for some 20/22 dress pants as well as dressy tops for work (2xl or 22), and casual tops too. Anyone got??

I'm going to go catch up from the weekend. I love you all and hope I haven't lost you. HUGS!

4 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Good to see you again...love how happy you are!

Heather said...

Great to see you back. I was just wondering where you had been last week when I was going through my list. Glad to hear you are happy!

Tiffani said...

Good to see you around here again, lady!! :) I'm happy you're happy and we all know blogging helps make that scale move so stick around!! :)

XOXOX

Roo said...

I was only thinking about you the other day, wondering how things were going for you.we have missed you...and I have to say glad to see you back and you sound HAPPY! TRULY HAPPY! and you look fabulous in your profile pic....xx