Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

won't you be my neighbor? :)

It's a sunshine, spring filled Tuesday here in the STL and even though I fell (like a ton of bricks) sunday morning and badly sprained my left ankle, I'm still happy.
Easter weekend was beautiful weather wise, I spent it with friends and family and it was so great. Yes I ate too much, but who didn't? I also sat outside in the breeze and watched my beautiful son play in the yard with his cousins with a HUGE grin on my face.

Sometimes I let the negative things in my life bring me down, more often than not I do this and I'm trying to start a fresh life for myself where I can appreciate the beauty in the positive things and not let the negative get me down.
I have a job that I love (most of the time), friends who love me unconditionally, family that is always there, the most beautiful and smart child I could ask for, a civil seperation, old friends coming back into my life and making it so much better than I ever thought possible. The weather has been nice, I'm comfortable where I'm living and even though money is so tight I can hear it squeaking, I'm surviving. Life is good. I am blessed.

So who cares (at least today) that I have gained weight in the last two weeks regarless of my fill? Who cares that I have a overflowing basket of laundry all over my floor? Who cares that I only have $6 to my name until payday on Friday?
Not me. Not today and hopefully not in the future.
I want to be the best me that I can be. I want to love and be loved in return for who I am completely. I'm there and it's so great.
I want to be comfortable with my body and I'm getting there slooooooowly but surely and starting to move more than I ever have and am going to continue doing it. You are all great motivators and the box of size XL tops that Amy W sent me is motivating too because they are so cute and way too tight right now.

Hug the people that love you and support you and smile today. You are healthier than you were, happier than you were and cared about more than ever.

I love you all. Hugs!

5 comments:

Amy W. said...

I can almost promise you that they will fit soon pumpkin! And when they do, you wont' have to buy any XL tops for awhile!

I am glad you feeling sunshiny today!

xoxo

SuperMegaAnna said...

Good for you girl! Way to have such a great outlook! I also ate too much over Easter but feel okay about it. This is a life long journey!

Anonymous said...

way to go, kiddo. focusing energies on the positive always helps. luv you, little sis.

Heather said...

The weather was beautiful in our area wasn't it!? I am about 2 hours from STL in southern IL. I am glad to see the great spirits. Those XL shirts will fit in no time!

Jen from Oregon said...

it is so great to be in a place where you can see the good in it all!
Glad you had some sunshine. I'm still getting snow!
Gifted clothes are the best! You'll be in them soon